I have a confession to make.
See this kale:I threw it out.
See, we headed out of town last Thursday and I ran around like a crazy person that day trying to get everything in from packing to last minute groceries to getting the car filled up to a client meeting waaaaaaay over across the river in ::hush:: Davis Square to writing my posts that were due for FLOR. Needless to say, as I exhaustedly headed to the car to pick up my son from day care so we could leave immediately from there, I decided that rather than keep the kale out on the counter to disintegrate over the long weekend I would throw. it. out.
Yup. Week two and I already failed at my goal to not toss away anything from the farmshare this year.
Oh well, I'm over it...are you?
Good...because we got MORE KALE this week, so who really missed it anyway?
- two large zucchini's - I see zucchini bread in my future!!
- two medium sized yellow squash - I'm thinking a gratin
- Three cucumbers - Meh. Forgot how much they frustrate me. There isn't much you can do to dress them up, there's only so many pickles I can eat alone, and you can't put them away for later. They may be my biggest nemesis next to kale...oh...and eggplant.
- Beets - YAY!!
- Lettuce - already absconded with during tonight's dinner along with the...
- Sugar peas
- A small head of fennel - maybe I'll saute that with some onions and add it to my yellow squash gratin
Next week we apparently will be gifted with blueberries. YAY YAY YAY!!!!!