This week was particularly rewarding since I didn't have to keep the cucumbers in my box. Nope! I just traded them in for more zucchini. Which can only mean one thing.
Other items were:
- Beets - I made a super yummy beet/beet green risotto as found on my Farm Share website last night and it was delish. My only issue with the dish was that I used long grain BROWN rice trying to be healthy and ended up stirring the pot for almost an hour. OUCH!
- Yellow squash - I still have some from last week and hope to make a gratin and then I'll probably make these incredibly delicious coins from weelicious.com.
- Kale - not sure what to do here. If it lasts until Friday night, I'll probably just blanch it and freeze it for later
- Arugula - didn't make it more than an hour after getting home ::grinning sheepishly:: It's just so darn good!!! I enjoyed mine with some salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil topped with a bit of tuna salad.
- Lettuce - used in a salad for dinner a couple of nights ago
- Green beans - I been noshing on as snack
- Fennel - headed for that gratin
- BLUEBERRIES!!!! - OMG these are SO sweet and delicious. They didn't last more than a couple of hours in our house. Sigh.
What's in your box this week?